A nice illustrated edition of this classic with more than 100 illustrations.
SeaWolf Press is proud to offer another book in its Illustrated Classics Series. Each book in the collection contains the text, illustrations, and cover from the first or early edition (but it is not a photocopy.)Use Amazon’s Lookinside feature to compare this edition with others. You’ll be impressed by the differences. If you like our book, be sure to leave a review! Our version has:
- More than 100 black and white illustrations from a 1913 edition. Don’t be fooled by other versions with missing or made-up pictures.
- Text that has been proofread to avoid errors.
- A cover that replicates a 1913 edition cover.
- The complete unabridged text in an easy-to-read font similar to the original.
- Properly formatted text complete with correct indenting, spacing, footnotes, italics, and tables.
Black Beauty is an 1877 novel by English author Anna Sewell. It was composed in the last years of her life, during which she remained in her house as an invalid. The novel became an immediate best-seller, with Sewell dying just five months after its publication, but having lived long enough to see her only novel become a success. With fifty million copies sold, Black Beauty is one of the best-selling books of all time. While forthrightly teaching animal welfare, it also teaches how to treat people with kindness, sympathy, and respect.